Time to confess all of my bookish sins!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it: Eek, I have few that I’ve received that I haven’t gotten around to reading yet. It’s only been a few months (okay 3) for one of them, and about 2 weeks for the other two. But it will happen!
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley: Nope! It takes some insane self control though not to request everything that I want to, but that pesky archived by date keeps me from loading my boots…
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did): Nope, but I have a fair few that I put the star rating in on Goodreads right after I finished them and never got around to adding the full review on.
4. Folded down the page of a book: Yep. But never on an ARC, library book, or book that I bought new. I only fold pages on books that were bought from a charity shop and already tatty to begin with!
5. Accidentally spilled on a book: I am loath to say that I have… and often. Hi, my name is Jessica and I am the worlds biggest Klutz. Spills include soup, coffee, dry rice, cooked rice, spaghetti WITH meat sauce and so much more. I have also dropped a few in the tub when I’ve attempted some jacuzzi reading.
6. DNF a book this year: None this year (thank goodness we’re only a few weeks in). Although, I did have 2 last year. One by choice, and another where the Galley had a built in kill date that I failed to finish reading before it kicked in.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it: Often. And I am not ashamed of it. As someone who collects rare and antiquarian books I regularly buy books with pretty gilt bindings. I have never read a one of them!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else: Guilty as charged! This tends to crop up when things like house work, laundry, and reports for work need doing…
9. Skim read a book: Is it fair to say not since university? I skim read a fair few during my undergrad, but everything I have picked up since has been because I wanted to.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal: Yup! Last year was my first year trying out the Goodreads challenge. I wanted to read 100 books – which was a foolish goals as I started half way through the year. I think I fell about 40 short!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it: ….Er, never from a library. But say if a person moves away and you forget to bring it with you when you go to visit…
12. Broke a book buying ban: Isn’t that what NetGalley was invented for?
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about: Yes, and that reminds me that I have about three on the go right now… Thank goodness I take notes!
14. Wrote in a book you were reading: Write in? No, never. But if the question were do you use sticky notes I would have an entirely different answer.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads: Yes, but if memory serves correct it was only because I couldn’t find them on Goodreads… or because it was something I didn’t want the world to know I was reading! **cough cough – smut when the hubby is gone for long stints for work – cough cough**
I TAG the following bloggers/blogs but feel free to ignore if you don’t want to do this :
- Abby @AnneBonnyBookReviews
- Cleo @cleopatralovesbooks
- Sheila @TheQuietGeordie
- Amy @NovelGossip
- Tina @ReadingBetweenThePages
- a special place left open for YOU if you want to do this tag 🙂